B.Ed. programme is a professional course that prepares teachers for primary (Classes I – V) and High school (classes VI -X) . The B.Ed. programme shall be of duration of two academic years which can be completed in a maximum of three years from the date of admission to the programme.
Candidates with at least 55% mark either in the Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics are eligible for admission to the two year B.Ed., degree programme. All the B.E./B.Tech./M.E./M.Tech., graduates irrespective of their Branch in Engineering are eligible to study either Mathematics or Physical Science as Pedagogy of a School Subject. Apart from the B.E./B.Tech./M.E./M.Tech., graduates in Computer Science related branches and Bio-Technology related branches are also eligible to study Computer.
Science and Biological Science as Pedagogy of a School Subject respectively.
The reservation and relaxation for SC / ST / OBC / PWD and other categories shall be as per the rules of the Central Government / State Government whichever is applicable.
However the minimum eligibility marks for admission to B.Ed is given below.
Minimum Marks (%)
Rules & Regulations
1. Morning Time: 9.30 am – 1.00pm with a break of 15 minutes
Afternoon Time :1.40 pm – 4.00 pm with a break of 10 minutes
2. Students should be present in the classroom at the stroke of the first bell at
3. The first hour will start with a prayer for the whole college at 9.45 am.
4. Avoid coming late to the classes. The late comers should report to the
Principal. They should get his / her signature in a late slip and show it to the
teachers for admission into the classroom.
- General Assembly will be conducted daily by the respective Department.
- Students should come in uniform.
- All the students should attend classes regularly. All should aim at 100% attendance. If there are some important and compelling reasons such as family celebrations, ill-health, etc., students can avail leave after obtaining due permission primarily from the Principal.
- Attendance will be taken for every hour by the individual course teacher.
- It should be remembered that 80% attendance is a pre-requisite for appearing for the University examination and for availing scholarship of any kind.
- Students should apply for leave only in the prescribed leave application form available in the college office after obtaining due permission from the class teacher. The leave application forms are to be duly signed by parents/ guardian/ Hostel Director and get the endorsement of the respective HOD and the Principal.
- If leave is asked for reasons of illness for more than two days, the leave application along with a medical certificate should be submitted by the student at the college office after meeting the Principal.
- The name of the student will be removed from the rolls if he / she is absent continuously for more than 10 days without the explicit written permission of the Principal.
The following are strictly forbidden. Any violation of these rules will result in dismissal/suspension from the college:
1. Ragging of any kind and any magnitude inside /outside the college campus will lead to dismissal.
2. Possession/use of camera cellular phones within the campus is strictly forbidden. Use of cellular phones inside the buildings/corridors will result in confiscation and no-return of the mobile phones.
3. Any kind of disturbing behavior in the campus is forbidden.
4. Smoking, use of drugs, alcohol or peddling drugs in the campus is prohibited.
5. Any Ill-treatment, both physical and verbal, based on gender, caste and religion will lead to dismissal.
6. Causing damage to the college/public property by scribbling on walls, graffiti writing, scratching walls / toilets, breaking furniture, lab equipment, damaging fittings and pipes etc. will lead to dismissal.
7. Any kind of misconduct/misbehavior inside/outside the campus in public places, buses, trains, etc.) or detection of foot-board travel, blocking the traffic, unruly
behaviour in buses/trains or any kind of annoyance to the public will also result in the immediate withdrawal/permanent cancellation of all student travel concessions and the scholarships.